Oh Gosh, it is that day again. While all of my sweet friends who are in relationships are posting pictures on instagram and facebook of the amazing things there significant other got them, I am sitting alone, with no plans. This is the thought of many single girls out there. Valentine's Day is not known as Single Awareness Day for nothing am I right? Well instead of sitting at home feeling sorry for yourself, go and do something fun! Celebrate the life and this time God has given you to be single and focus on your relationship with him. Below are 5 Fun Things you can do to make Valentine's Day just as special for you!
1. Make a Valentine for someone who might not get anything on Valentine's day
- You could go to a local nursing home and ask if you can bring by some valentines or cute teddy bears to give to the residents at a nursing home.
- You could think of a neighbor or even a sweet kid who might look up to you and give them an extra special gift. It will mean the world to them
2. Dress Up and Go to dinner
-Grab some of your single girlfriends and go out! Make a night of it and celebrate Phileo Love "Friendship Love"
3. Do something fun to pamper yourself!
- Make a nail appointment for you and one of your single girlfriends and go and relax!
4. Go to the store and pick out a Valentine for your "Future Husband"
- Some people might think it is silly, but I have personally done this for the past 7 years even if I was dating somebody and every Valentine's day I will write a Valentine to my one day husband. It fills the void for not having a Valentine, because in all actual I do.. it's just not this Valentine's Day. It is a day in the future when God blesses me with the wonderful gift of marriage.
5. Come up with a creative gift for your family
- This year since I am single once again on Valentine's day I am going to have lunch with my Pawpaw and I am bringing him a card and a box of candy. Then for my brother I am giving him a card, candy and gift card. Do something for your loved ones you would not normally do and express love to them, not just on Valentine's Day but everyday.
Now, these are just 5 fun things that might help you have a great Valentine's Day! Remember that you are not the only single one out there today, but know that you can still have a great day even if you are single. Also while going through your day remember that you have been given the best Valentine's day gift ever by God's gracious love. He gave us his son Jesus to die on the cross to save us from our sins. If that kind of love is not worth celebrating, I don't know what is! I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Written by: Rebeccah